Re: [NTLK] Idea for Newt Sync development

From: John Del Pizzo (jdpizzo_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 13:34:12 EST

On 3/8/02 12:49 PM, "Jim Anderson" <jiman_at_microsoft.com> so eloquently
stated:

> TT didn't port the DILs to RealBasic, did he? I played around
> with Newton Data Browser, and it still requires the DIL DLLs to connect.

"Port" may not be exactly the right word... but he wrapped the DIL's into
plugins that can be used by RealBasic. That's how both his Data Browser and
Newtourage connect to the Newton's built-in dock app and exchange
information.

Now, I haven't used windows for anything Newton related in a long time...
but my guess is that the DLL's house technology the DILs require. For
example, NCU uses the DILs, but also requires certain extensions be
installed on the Mac to operate. Same premise.