[NTLK] [ANN] ZLib for NewtonOS 1.1

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 06:39:30 EST

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce ZLib for NewtonOS 1.1.

For those who might ignore it, ZLib is a compression/decompression
library written by Jean-Loup Gailly and Mark Adler. It is used in
thousands of software.

This update is only a bug/security fix. In other words, ZLib for
NewtonOS 1.1 includes ZLib 1.1.4 instead of 1.1.3. The APIs didn't
change, and this release is fully compatible with the previous one,
except that it now says 1.1.4 for the version.

The ZLib for NewtonOS can be found on my website:
http://www.kallisys.com/newton/zlib/

Note to users who have troubles downloading from the FTP server. This
is a bug in Mozilla/Netscape revealed by a change in the
configuration of the FTP server. Try adding pub/ at the beginning of
the URL or use a real FTP client. I am working on convincing my ISP
to configure the server as it used to be.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/