Re: [NTLK] serial connection at more than 57600 on Windows?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 14:41:48 EST

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Hendrik Lipka wrote:

> Yes, you can install cygwin on your Windows (www.cygwin.com), and then compile
> unixnpi under cygwin (just type make). You just need to change the
> used device in the program, because unixnpi tries to use /dev/newton as serial
> device, which should be /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1... Works fine for me, but my
> board at work doesn't seem to support 230400 :(
>
> I have uploaded a compiled version to
> http://www.hendriklipka.de/newton/unixnpi.exe. Just call it with
> unixnpi -s 115200 -d /dev/ttyS0 packagename. It needs cygwin installed (or at
> least cygwin1.dll, which can be downloaded from the same location).

Awesome, Hendrik! I got your patch and hopefully today I'm going to be
releasing UnixNPI 1.1.4 and also a binary for Win32. Why would you want
to use this under Win32? Well, you should be able to do 115200 (and
possibly 230400) serial package installs under Windows finally, and also
do batch package uploading.

I'll do a GUI wrapper... later. Probably in VB.