Re: [NTLK] URGENT!!!! All Read This Is Freaky!!!!

From: MuHammed Lonon (mjl3781_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 14:02:14 EST

So then the 0 RAM bein used that I see from the
Extras Drawer and Dashboard reading has noting to do
with the built-in apps??

According to the Extras Drawer there is nothing on the
internal store-NOT EVEN THE BUILT IN APPS-However the
icons only appear in the card's store . But when I
try to file them on internal it says they are already
there. but they don't show up in the internal store.
Like I said I could do a wipe but I ponder that even
if the apps are Read-Only the icons migt be lost if I
wipe the card.

--- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
wrote:

> On 20/03/02 12:32, "MuHammed Lonon"
> <mjl3781_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Well if the are soldered then the problem is worst
> > than I thought because when I take all the
> packages
> > off the internal store. Both the Extras Drawer
> and
> > Dashboard say that there is nothing left-that the
> > memory is empty. So whatever they are getting this
> > info from is messed up as well. I am also
> skeptical
> > of "wiping". I have a back up of stuff but if
> it's on
> > the card what happens when i wipe the card???
>
> Hmmm, I don't know what's going on, but I think
> there is a bit of confusion
> about what you describe as what you're seeing and
> what we think you see.
>
> If you open Extras, there should be a few items in
> there. They're *NOT* in
> the internal store, although they look like they
> are, but they are *NOT*.
> They are in ROM and so far, I still have to meet
> someone who was able to
> erase a Read Only Memory.
>
> That being said, are you sure that Extras is set to
> show you *ALL* items on
> *ALL* stores? Check the popup menu at the top of the
> Extras window. If you
> tap the window title, a popup should appear. Make
> sure that "All icons" and
> "All Stores" are checked.
>
> Report back here with your findings and we'll take
> it from there...
>
> -Laurent.
> --

> Laurent Daudelin Developer,
> Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
> mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
> Washington, DC, USA
> ********************** Usual disclaimers apply
> **********************
> bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of
> hardware, denotes
> willingness to compute or pass data in either
> big-endian or little-endian
> format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit
> somewhere). See also NUXI
> problem.
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette: