Re: [NTLK] 3-Com E'net slow

From: Andy Collins (andy.collins_at_belgravium.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 11:17:58 EST

At 10:43 21/03/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>1 KB per second seems a bit slow. But you have to remember that in the case
>of a file transfer, the file has to be written to a store. That slows things
>down a bit.

The reason I was wondering about the speed is that I've been having some
trouble with MadMax pausing when I play MP3s over e'net and I wondered if
the speed was an issue. 1kB/s seems v/slow to me when I think that rs-232
on the Newt will happily do ~3.6 kB/Sec.

>And I have no idea where your file ended up. What kind of file is it, btw?
>One thing for sure, you have about 500 KB wasted on one of your store (hope
>that's on an external card...)
>
>-Laurent.

It's an MP3. The idea was to download it using FTP and get MaxMax to play
it. Fortunately it's on an external card. Is there a way to seek and kill
it on the card?

Andy.