Re: [NTLK] How do you interface with your newt?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 11:20:25 EST

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Bradford Schmidt wrote:

> OK - Beyond the obvious, what I'm asking is about what main techniques you
> use to keep your thoughts, to do's etc manageable while remembering to
> access them - I asked a long time ago, how do you use your newt - and the
> answers were as simple as "Another Brain" (apparently another brain on it's
> own pillow, eh Ed?). But what I'm curious about is what people use as
> their main goto app to keep things in the proper place in their wetware
> brain. TODO? Hyper Newt?

Almost all of my scheduling is done using PIMple. It handles my class
schedule and meetings, gives me a great at-a-glance list of where to go
today. For days when I have exams,. test, or assignments due, I set those
up as events and then outline the days in PIMple with an oval - so just by
looking at its calendar I can see when I have to get my ass in gear :)

> For example, I like most people have different types of todo's - the act
> once type: Call Bill, Pay Rent - whatever, and the ongoing types: review
> website copy - keep something updated - make networking phone calls. I
> have trouble keeping them in thier right place, and not simply ignoring the

One-time things like this I usually write down in the Avi's BD scribble
area. Right now, I've got some ideas for Newton software scribbled down
there, a reminder to change my NuShield (that's been there for weeks :), a
measurment for a poster frame, etc etc. When I do something, I scrub it
off. Liek when I get around to e-mailing Way Chung-Wong about this bug I
found in PIMple, I'll scrub that off :)