Am 31.3.2002 15:34 Uhr schrieb "Kent Jonsson" unter <kent_at_sm4tfe.com>:
>>> Yes, I did choose the Serial port, and the LEDs on my tester lighted up.
> I did try it w/o the tester, no difference.
> Also, with the adapter the GPS transmits on pin 3 (RxD), and the handshake
> LEDs goes away if I choose another port (ir, Pccard...).
Meanwhile I did extended testing and found fortunately all necessary
1. Setup: Dongle -> Mini8 to DB9(m) cable (self-soldered according to GPSmap
manual) -> Mating adaptor (f-f) -> DB9(m) to DB25(f) -> mating adapter (m-m)
-> DB25(f) Serial Port tester DB25(m) -> DB25(f) to DB9(m) -> GPS receiver
2. GPS receiver let RD LED light green, on transmit turning red
3. Newton (GPSmap or Terminal program) let TD LED light green, on transmit
4. Both LEDs light if GPSmap is running and GPS is on.
5. RD is turning red each 2s.
6. TD is turning red 3 times after starting up GPSmap and as soon as no data
comes from GPS. It then tries to initialise the receiver with the three init
strings (see my e-mail before).
7. All other LED do not light: RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, CD
I've now proven that the sending of the INIT strings works (which didn't
before) by means of sending only the first string (disable all output
strings). The GPS stopped sending msgs.
After sending all three strings it worked as usual but it was necessary to
use the XON/XOFF protocol, no handshake and hardware handshake don't work at
You should somehow achieve the same behaviour with your hardware.
-- With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG
-- Read the List FAQ/Etiquette: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html Read the Newton FAQ: http://www.guns-media.com/mirrors/newton/faq/ This is the NewtonTalk mailing list - http://www.newtontalk.net
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Apr 02 2002 - 14:03:51 EST