Re: [NTLK] another Newton web site

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 17:34:23 EDT

If you make the necessary DNS entry, you don't have to
worry about re-routing or the like (I assume you own
the dyndns.org domain...) Just point the "crackman"
a-record to the same IP as www.newtenlightment.de
(192.67.198.49) in your zone file. Change the TTL to
something short (like 1/2 hour) so that when you
change it back, it won't take so long to propagate and
you're done!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Darius Zendeh <newton_at_dariuszendeh.de> wrote:
> I already thought of that, but actually there is no
> IP-address to route. The IP-address you get, if you
> ping the new site is the address of the main host.
> If you have any idea how to route crackman.dyndns.og
> to www.newtenlightment.de let me know, please.
> dyndns.org routes IP-addresses only. The Webhop
> function does not offer a dyndns.org redirection.
>
> Today I've added a short comment from Steve Jobs on
> MS.
>
> Regards, Darius.
> www.newtenlightment.de
> All your Newton are belong to us.
>
> >>http://
> >
> >Hey Darius, in the meantime, why don't you point
> your crackman.dyndns.org
> >domain at www.newtenlightment.de so that the search
> engines and other
> >folks who have already indexed or bookmarked your
> site can still get
> >there easily?
> >
> >Just a suggestion. :)

=====