Re: [NTLK] Thinking of Switching

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 21:29:49 EDT

------------------
>I just need full compatibility with my PC or Mac.

Does any PDA platform really have FULL COMPATIBILITY with PC or Mac or Mac =
OS X??? Will you jump into a 'perfect world' with the Palm or PPC???
----------------
>I love the fact that my MP2100 can stand along but am just scared that =
one day it=EDll conk.

Have at least one backup unit. With the service that the Newt. supplies =
to it's users, others will 'stash away' a few extra units 'just in case'. =
I have a total of 12 MP2x00's. I have to use 4 everyday.
1. Business and personal unit.
2. Database unit.
3. Web and Email unit.
4. Digital Picture 'Hub' unit. ;-)
BTW, 2 are always ready for receiving/sending/replying faxes.
----------------
When Apple finally comes out with something, I=EDll be first in line but =
until then, I can=EDt chance losing the over 300 notes, 1400 names, and =
months of
>appointments on the Newton which does not readily transfer over in its
>entirety to my computer for backup. What shall I do? I defer to the
>Newtonian Council for guidance.
>
>Ermin

Steve/Apple will probably come out with a 'mutated' Vacom tablet with a =
'Palm-like' interface that will run QT. To keep the desktop/laptop as the =
required 'keyboard-based' computer.
I do have current backups on three Win.98 laptops, an iMac, and =
card-to-card backups on extra memory cards, 'just in case'. You can also =
print the important stuff as you can/need to. You can also email some of =
the info. to multiple computers and web-based storage services.
HTH!

!ooW %-)
Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!