Re: [NTLK] WaveLan Card Question

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 02:04:21 EDT

on 23.05.2002 7:21, Laurent Daudelin at nemesys_at_cox.rr.com wrote:

> on 22/05/02 21:36, Chris Ruprecht at chrup_at_earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Question about an Orinoco WaveLan Card: I believe the driver for the
>> Silver Card is busy being developed. Is that limited to the Silver card
>> or does that work with the Gold card, too? Does anybody know, what the
>> difference between the two is?
>
> I think that the 2 cards are not the same, and the gold one won't work with
> the current developed driver. The author will have to build a specific
> driver, or someone could maybe come up with a patch.

I've read plenty of reports on this list of the Gold card working just fine.
AFAIK, when WEP is not being used, the Gold and Silver cards are essentially
the same.

Incidentally, I've had no success with the beta 1 version of the driver but
the alpha 3 version is OK. Has anyone else had ANY success with the beta 1
driver? (and I don't mean when there is more than one version of the driver
installed so that it is not at all clear what is working and what isn't!)

Regards,

Simon