Re: [NTLK] IS THIS A NEWTON USER LIST FOR QUESTIONS OR JUST BASHING?

From: Katarina Gubler (bubbles9413_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 17:28:09 EST

Well, Adam....I actually asked them about the situation and there is another side to the story like......you paypaled them a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit and then didn't get back with them for like a month plus after you had agreed to getting back to them in a few days.
I just don't think it is fair that we only hear one side of the story like in Ferdi's case or Discounters or GEM. I think in order to make it fair, we should invite them to the list to defend themselves!
OR-can this list just be a community of Newton users who are helping each other out on issues, questions, etc. I am really getting turned off by this site....anyone else?
Kat-
 Adam Macks <akmacks_at_ozemail.com.au> wrote:
On 30/10/02 6:27 AM, "Bill" wrote:

> Hello
>
> For those of you who have emailed me, I delt with Robin Brown at GEM. She
> was helpful until i recieved my Newton 2100 and had concerns about the
> quality of the Newton compared to the almost perfect newton that was
> pictured on ebay.
>
> Basically her response to me was "if you dont like it sell it to someone
> else!"
>
> I also was charged about double what is said on the box for shipping.
>
> McGreger
>
> Converted Newton User

Stay AWAY from GEM - they took $200 deposit from me for two "factory sealed"
MP2100s and then sold the goods to someone else. They will now not respond
to my emails.

Anyone who uses them BEWARE!

Adam Macks
Townsville