Re: [NTLK] Chicago Newton Users....

From: James Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 00:59:02 EST

> Wanna meet for lunch some day and let our Newts talk to each
> other?

  "Talk to each other.." This made me think back to an assignment we
were doing in computer science a couple of weeks ago (I didn't fishish
it) about implementing the experiment done by Batali in 1998 using Elamn
neural networks (recurrent one's that have a memory of past input). His
experiment involved using the networks to have a bunch of independent
agents "negotiate" a "langauage" on their own. Might be the
base for an interesting little game if a Palm/Newton version could be
made. (Of course, it takes many thousands of repetitions to successfully
train an Elman net, so I don't know if a 169MHz processor would be up to
doing it fast, even using an assembly routine for the NN code)

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html