[NTLK] Generic AC adapter

From: im-wired_at_attbi.com
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 19:57:59 EST

Greetings from Oregon!

New to the list. Don't own a Newt yet but been a huge Apple fan since my first
][+ in 1978. The LAN in my house has 4 Macs! (no pee cees !!)

Been considering a different PDA (time to liquidate my Sony Magic Link PIC-2000
w. a ton of software and accessories) and put the proceeds toward a Newton 2100.

I'm seeing em' go on e-bay but many are missing AC adapters of all things!

One dude's ad caught my eye that was selling an AC adapter only* that
warned, "Don't get an adapter from Radio Shack or you'll fry your Newt!".

Uhhh... is there something extrordinarily complex about giving the newton DC
power? I figure if I get polarity right and the other specs (7.5vdc, 1.2a
output) I should be good to go. There's an electronics surplus place in
Portland that carrys tons of different types of power supplies and AC to DC
adapters.

Can someone tell me about the connector type on the Newton 2100 power supply?
Is is just the standard 'barrel' type at the end of the cord?

* Yipes! Bidding was up to $25.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
db

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html