Re: [NTLK] [OT] Proof Jobs is an idiot

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 20:33:35 EST

Robert,

> As for the user experience, new users I hear of find OS X easier to learn
> that the 'old' OS, maybe some are just stuck in their ways ?

Stuck in my ways? Yeah, I suppose so - I'm a bit of an idealist when it
comes to engineering design and I especially admire interface subtleties.
There's not much room for the subtle anymore.

I also like new things to progress from the old things. Current OS's look
and feel to me like the past - I want real change not this trivial fiddling.

In the end you will probably have the last laugh as I will have to succumb
eventually and make my pick from three indifferent major platforms - but I
see no future for me in computing while these are the only choices and I
wont go quietly.

The personal computer has become the establishment but it's near the end of
its journey, so roll on the next generation of computing devices to free me
from the personal computer, which previously freed me from the minicomputer.

I hoped that passport would be the Newt...

Joel.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html