Re: [NTLK] [OT] Proof Jobs is an idiot

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 02:14:29 EST

on 11-11-2002 2:33, Joel M. Sciamma at joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com wrote:

> The personal computer has become the establishment but it's near the end of
> its journey, so roll on the next generation of computing devices to free me
> from the personal computer, which previously freed me from the minicomputer.
>
> I hoped that passport would be the Newt...

I think we all have common ground here, any desktop that would work more
like the Newt would be a blessing.
Even though I've noticed (much to my surprise BTW) that OS X seems easier to
learn for some new users, it doesn't come close to usability to the Newton
OS :-(

Learned my mom how to send an email with her eMate within 5 minutes,
receiving took 10, and she remembered it too !

But than Apple didn't have the muscle to start a separate OS at that time so
I think that going with the Unix underpinning was very wise.

The sad thing is that I don't think that SJ really realized how good the
Newton OS is, though maybe he does and is just very private about it ;-)

> I've never been called a 'dude' before, is this 'cool'? :-)

I'm afraid it is ;-)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html