Re: [NTLK] Mapping software for Newton - with Australian Maps?

From: b e n w e l l s|headwerkx (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Wed Nov 13 2002 - 09:54:20 EST

> Thats very easy:
> you can connect nearly every kind of GPS-receiver equipped with a serial
> interface and sending data in NMEA 183 format to your Newt and GPSMap.
> (to give only one example: Garmin Etrex)

so you'd just use their PC connection cable? Doesn't sound as expensive as I
thought it would be... those little GPS units are quite affordable in
Australia (my Dad and all his fishing buddies have one for storing the
locations of good places to set nets and pots). I thought you'd need some
expensive faceless GPS sensor.

Ben.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html