Re: [NTLK] NEWTON PRESS FILES

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 18:38:52 EST

I usually keep the raw Newton Press file incase I
gotta go back and make a change, I don't have to
recreate the whole file from scratch. And
besides...the size of the NP! file is so small, it's
almost not worth the effort of deleting it! Heck,
that's like worrying about a dust ball somewhere on a
football field...does it really matter?
With storage so cheap now adays, it's cheaper to just
keep adding drives than clear things off of them!
(figure at a dollar a gig, if it takes you a hour to
clean a gig of space off of your hard drive, and if
you work anywhere where they pay you a living wage,
you could have paid for at least 20gigs of space!
Assuming a minimum of $20/hour)
Personally...I don't throw anything away...ever!
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- LA GREEN <lagoff1_at_09874hotmail.com> wrote:

> WHAT do you do with the newton press file after you
> make a package? do you
> have to keep it? i wouldnt mind getting rid of all
> the extra files if i dont
> have to keep em.
>
> tia,
>
> LAG

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.