Re: [NTLK] Newbie Convert from the Past.

From: Kenton A. Hoover (shibumi_at_marchordie.org)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 17:44:07 EST

On another note, I do have a question: I started with a 120, then a 130, made
the upgrade to a 2000, and then ended up with two 2100s. Paid close to list for
all (yes, I'm such a goyem -- I paid *RETAIL*). So, are Newtons so much better
that those of you who paid $100 would be willing to pay $1000 -- ok, let's say
$900 ($1000 - $100) -- for one?

--On Saturday, November 2, 2002 23.59 -0500 Chris Edwards
<chris_at_ingramedwards.com> wrote:

> OK, here goes...
>
> I used to be a Newton MP100 user. Then a MP120, then 130, then Palm
> 5000, Palm Pro, Visor Deluxe, Visor Edge now I have sold the Edge and
> am back to paper. But I have started a collection of Newtons. So far I
> have the MP100, 120 (1.3 OS), 120 (2.0 OS), 130 and 2000 all in the
> boxes complete (If anyone has a 110 in the box complete let me know).
>
> I want to start using either the 130 or 2000 to see how it fares these
> days. I have played with the 130 and the HWR is pretty good actually. I
> also want to sync to iCal, my address book, etc. on 10.2 and install
> software on the Newton.. How can I do this? Is there anyway to do this
> currently? I have seen mention of NewTen and another program. Do these
> run native in OX 10?
>
> Last question, can someone point me in the direction of a great
> software library and how do I install. Is there a NCK that works Native
> in 10.2 or do I have to use Classic? If I use Classic do I need any
> extensions? I have a USB to Serial adaptor (Keyspan). Is there another
> way?
>

> --
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

| Kenton A. Hoover                        |                        |
| Private Citizen                         |        +1.415.850.5924 |
| San Francisco, California USA           | shibumi_at_marchordie.org |
|    "You leg wound people, you're so sensitive! Can't you just    |
|      get over it?!?"                                             |