Re: [NTLK] (No From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin@verizon.net>

Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 01:52:11 EST

on 20/11/02 01:18, Andrew Shlapak at divise_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>> From: Luiz Petroni <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br>
>>

>> Maybe you need to create/enable a SimpleMail account in the OwnerInfo:
>>
>> 1. Select OwnerInfo > Select Owner
>> 2. Select Add > SimpleMail
>> 3. Enter email account data and tap on the enabled checkbox (upper left
>> corner)
>>
>> --lpetroni
>

> Thank you!
>
> I enabled it as directed.
>
> Got the SimpleMail (In/Out) to attempt to connect. It posted a "-48418"
> error - which is a "type" error, I think. The error was posted after an
> ethernet/internet link was established. The process got as far as
> posting the Newt's IP address.
>
> I tried sending mail. After it was sent, the same error occurred and
> the Newt locked-up and went into its reset process after the power
> switch was pushed. I know the email was sent because it was received.

What was the size of the email, small? What specific Newton model are you
using? It seems like some information is corrupted, based on the error
number you're reporting... However, it's hard to tell where exactly,
unfortunately...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

fish n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] 1. Another metasyntactic variable. See foo. Derived originally from the Monty Python skit in the middle of "The Meaning of Life" entitled "Find the Fish". 2. A pun for `microfiche'. A microfiche file cabinet may be referred to as a `fish tank'.