Re: [NTLK] ANN: That's all folks!! (SER-001)

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 14:34:03 EST

on 11/27/02 2:20 PM, John Acuff at jacuff1_at_earthlink.net wrote:

>>> Since you've concluded your production of the SER-001, would you
>>> consider
>>> putting the schematics on your webpage to benefit the community?
>>
>> And while you're at it - can you post your SS # and bankcard PIN?
>
> Personally, I think it would be a good idea to make that info (SER-001)
> available to those of us who would like to have one of these, but won't
> have the opportunity to buy one now. I would be willing to try to make
> my own, if the info were available. I mean, if the guy says he's not
> going to make any more of them, what would be the loss to him? It
> certainly wouldn't be any money out of his pocket. Or am I missing
> something here?

He may be stopping production now, but I imagine that if another big cache
of 2100s hit eBay and there were suddenly 50 or 100 people asking for one,
that might be a different matter. Also, one can imagine rank amateurs
trying to build one, encountering problems, and flooding him with
questions/blame/etc.

There's nothing wrong with asking him if he'd make the plans available on a
case by case basis, but I can definitely see why he wouldn't want to just
put them on the web.

- Eric.