Re: [NTLK] Updates to Raissa, NHttpLib and MAD Max

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 16:58:04 EST

> Unfortunately not yet. The problem is indeed that the codec wants only
> complete MP3 frames, so if you feed it a truncated last frame, it gets
> discarded. I've been playing around with different styles of buffer
> management but none of the worked that good so far. But I have an idea
> that might work... I definitely want to use the codec for streaming, it
> brought much improvement for file playback.

Eckhart, I don't know if you already realized this, but when you
released the last version of Mad Max, the first one that uses the
codec, some streams that formerly worked stopped working.

I believe these were streams that used bitrates that were unsupported
in the very earliest versions of Mad Max, but which you subsequently
added support for. It seems that the latest versions have reverted to
no longer supporting these bitrates.

Example: Italiazip.com at 66.28.98.44:8030/

Regards,

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | Americans practice different faiths in
San Francisco, CA | churches, synagogues, mosques and temples.
jbond_at_jameswhale.com | And many good people practice no faith
Phone: 415-929-0297 | at all.
ICQ: 72267083 | -- George W. Bush, finally gets it right
AIM: jeremybondsf | in his Easter Address of 2002
PGP key available on public keyservers.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html