[NTLK] Unsubscribing

From: Chris Lepine (c.lepine_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Nov 29 2002 - 19:31:04 EST

I will be unsubscribing from this group after a relatively short time on
the list.

While I understand this is a community, the amount of time wasted in
reading useless user-user flames becomes daunting after a while.

I've come to quite a few realizations however:

1. The Newton is not very reliable if the amount of problems listed in here
(and elsewhere) is used as a sample group. I've never seen a machine with
so many hardware related failures. Nobody should have to "buy two" in case
one fails. While I understand it is relatively archaic as far as hardware
is concerned, even my old console systems from the early 80's still operate
flawlessly.

2. For every 20 useful and informative discussions, there are an equal
number of useless flames nitpicking each other for ridiculous reasons.

3. I probably will never buy a MP2x from GEM Enterprises. While I respect
the fact that GEM takes pride in selling their products, the seller
obviously has no interest in customer service when she gets into petty
debates with Ntalk users. Why shoot yourself in the foot? Don't you operate
a business that caters to a small, yet highly (clannish) concentrated
market, where word-of-mouth will largely decide your fate?

4. Those users who generate that kind of junk mail I just referred to are
equally at fault. Are you so bored?

5. Re: the 20 useful and informative discussions, THANK YOU to those who
generated such discourse! The information you've provided has definitely
given me the information I needed regarding purchasing a Newton.

Apologies to those who disagree with me, but I believe my words are largely
factual and minimally opinionated.

Loyal unsubscriber,
- Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html