Re: [NTLK] the icecast server list

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sun Oct 06 2002 - 08:59:26 EDT

Subject: [NTLK] the icecast server list

> I installed the MAD Max last night to try out the streaming mp3 radio
> over wireless, that was talked about here 18th of Sept.

> However at this time the yp.icecast.org site locks up then crashes
> Newtscape, but I thought that was one that would work? Just
> displaying that site, not trying to connect to a streaming server.
> I've only tried connecting via wireless.

I've found the best thing is to get a list of sites, and input the URLs
manually into MadMax.

For example
yp.icecast.org

You see a listing for
WEMU-FM 89.1 :-) [Jazz, Blues, NPR] 128 kbps

(now I usually hope they have a lower-bandwidth stream)
WEMU's page has a link entitled "http://wemu.org/listen.html"

On that page there's a link entitled "WEMU LIVE! (MP3 Format modem
connection)"

This resolves to
http://www.wemu.org/WEMU-modem.m3u

Input this manually into MadMax.