Re: [NTLK] Inline calculator & minimizing/switching between apps...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 02:17:50 EDT

on 10/14/02 2:41 AM, sopha at sophalicus_at_charter.net wrote:

> i am looking for a calculator to replace the one included in nos 2.0. it
> just hogs to much screen space. and anyways, whats the deal with switchin=
> between apps or "minimizing" them? is this even possible on a newt?

Yes, it's possible. There are a few options. The one I use is called
"Tasklist" by Softwareb=FCro M=FCller. (with German accents) <www.sbm.de>????
There are a couple more, I believe, including something called Startbar, or
some such. Check unna.org to see if they have these things.
=20
> but, back to my query. i seem to remember reading about an inline calcula=
tor
> extension that would make it possible for one to do calculations inline o=
> say anywhere one could print characters? i can't seem to remember the nam=
> of it and my meager searching pulled up nothing. this tool would be perfe=
ct
> i think. any leads?

Again, a few options. If you have QuickFigure Pro or Lite installed (Lite i=
freeware) they both add a "Calculate" verb to the Assist function. Write yo=
calculation like so: 5*60, hilite it, and tap assist. Then choose
"Calculate" from the diamond list. You could also write "calculate 5*60" if
you wanted.

Another option is TapBar. There is a calculator function that works within
that. In fact, it may be what you are thinking of.

Sorry I don't have urls for these things, but a search on Unna or Google
should turn up the results you want rather quickly.
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safet=
deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin