[NTLK] Newton 2x00 internal ram

From: Matthew B.Hershberger (matthewh_at_thepcmd.info)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 22:38:05 EDT

Hello all,

I am new to the list and I want to get an Newton 2x000, I've seen some
remarks about newtons with 4,8, and 16 mb of ram. All I've seen on ebay
and other sources selling used newtons is either 2000 (1mb) or 2100
(4mb). Was the information I saw incorrect or are there rarer versions,
like beta or testing versions that have more internal ram.

Also, does anyone have any information on the basics of the newton
operating system? For a senior college project, I was considering
porting a scaled down version of linux to the newton, if I can get
enough information on the basic of the hardware.

Thanks in advance for all help,

Matt