Re: [NTLK] SCAVENGED -> Found Lucent WAVELan Silver...

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 2002 - 13:24:44 PDT

On 06/09/02 15:40, "Beno Chapman" <beno_chapman_at_wgbh.org> wrote:

> I have the same set up, card and all and have yet to get it work properly.
> My Newton recognizes it but it keep reporting a error with the DNS server
> when I give it hard ip and doesn't resolve anything when I have it set to
> DHCP. I have it set to use AppleTalk as well and can't see any printers or
> desktops or zones.

I'm assuming that you did enter correctly the gateway address in your setup.
What kind of gateway is this? There is maybe something wrong with your card.
What kind of base station are you using anyway?

-Laurent.

Get a life! imp.: Hacker-standard way of suggesting that the person to whom
it is directed has succumbed to terminal geekdom (see geek). Often heard on
Usenet, esp. as a way of suggesting that the target is taking some obscure
issue of theology too seriously. This exhortation was popularized by William
Shatner on a 1987 "Saturday Night Live" episode in a speech that ended "Get
a life!", but some respondents believe it to have been in use before then.
It was certainly in wide use among hackers for years before achieving
mainstream currency via the sitcom "Get A Life" in 1990.