Re: [NTLK] Recommend an ethernet card?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 16:12:14 PDT

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Scott Rogers wrote:

> I'm thinking of picking up an ethernet card for my newt, but I'd like
> to find one that's dongle-less. Can anyone recommend and good,
> (relatively) cheap, dongle-less ethernet card?

Some 3Com 3c589[A-D] cards come with a 6' cable that has a connector for
the card on one end and an RJ45M plug on the other.

3Com 3CXE589[DT,ET] cards are XJack cards. You can plug an RJ45 cable
right into 'em.

3c589s can be had for pretty cheap, mostly used. 3CXE589s are probably
sill available through retail channels.