Re: [NTLK] New Apple Handheld? (Rumor)

From: Jens Baumeister (jensbaumeister_at_web.de)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 16:56:38 PDT

Am Sonntag, 13.04.03, um 01:06 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Donald T.
Stewart, MD:

> He then told me that he was a part-time developer and that Apple was
> going to introduce a very powerful handheld in late August of this
> year.

I strongly doubt that a salesman and part-time developer would know
about such things. The only people who'd know about these announcements
in advance would be those directly involved in creating the product or
its marketing. So my guess is that he was either lying, kidding or
spreading rumors he'd heard or read somewhere else.

BTW: This phenomenon isn't unique to Mac stuff - near our town we have
an amusement park with quite a fan base. They usually manage to keep
their latest projects a secret until just before the opening, so during
the building phase the park staff has fun spreading the most outlandish
rumors about what's being built there...

Jens

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html