Re: [NTLK] Newton and new Powerbook? Bluetooth?

From: Technoir Support (technoir_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 07:48:39 PDT

On Mardi, avril 22, 2003, at 09:55 AM, melvin.lasky_at_manhattan.edu
wrote:

> <snip>

> I just recently got a new G4 12" Powerbook,
> and was wondering is there an easy solution to connect my mac and
> newton
> yet? Can ethernet be used? Is there anyway the 2100 can do bluetooth?
> I dont
> want to use my pc for that stupid cable. Thanks all!
>
> Sincerely,
> Mel

to use serial, you will need a Keyspan or other such usb/serial
adaptor. serial may be necessary to install ethernet drivers and NIE2
on your newt. if you already have the connection drivers, you can go
ahead and connect via ethernet. current OS X appz are Delivery [for
installing apps], Escale [the next evolution of Delivery which includes
syncing and keyboard tunneling] and Nsync [for syncing with address
book and iCal]. Bluetooth is a pipe dream at this time. i have no doubt
that one of our dev wizards could handle the Newton side of things, it
is extremely unlikely that there has ever been or will be a 16-bit
pcmcia bluetooth card. 32-bit cards will just not work with Newton.
however, if your PB and Newton have wifi cards, then you can still sync
up wirelessly.
have fun with that 12" PB, i am drooling over here.

respectfully,

scotty technoir

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html