Re: [NTLK] Upgrading MP2000 URL's

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 18:37:44 PDT

Gordon
Check the archives, there was a discussion of this a few weeks ago-
maybe a month. Your first challenge will be getting the chips, I
think there was someone who mentioned he had some. I just bought a
2100 mother board for $29 on ebay and swapped, quick, easy and
successful.
If you want to see what's involved, take off the back of your newton,
remove the ROM board and under it you will see two chips with numbers
like 51W4260CLTT7 that have about 40 surface soldered contacts each,
next to each you will see a row of unused contacts and there is a row
of unused contacts under each. Thats where the upgrade chips are
soldered.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html