Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 17:06:32 PST

Manuel Probsthain (manu_at_xonxion.net) wrote:

> I have to mention that I've pressed reset hundrets of times and never
> had any problems with my Centennial 10MB iSeries card which uses Intel
> chips.

Neither have I, with several different cards from different
manufacturers, and with various Newtons ranging from an MP120 to an
MP2100. The story I was told -- and my experience bears this out -- was
that soft resets wouldn't harm any memory cards; only a hard reset could.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW (personal): http://michael-hussmann.de