Re: [NTLK] Forum?

From: Daniel Vokes (dvokes_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 04 2003 - 10:47:16 EST

Previously Wesley wrote:
> I'm a fanatical Newton fan (and MP2000 owner), and I'm entirely new to
> this mailing list. As such, I don't suppose I should be critical, but
> I'm getting completely inundated with emails! Can someone explain why
> this enormous resource (exchange of information) wouldn't be better
> handled by a web forum? Forum and forum archives allow you to research
> information at your own pace, and you can easily follow discussions and
> follow-ups for each inquiry. This current "email" format won't
> personally work for me.
>
> Just curious.
>
> Thanks!
> Wesley

Easy question, just look at this

In a previous message, James Elliott typed vigorously:

> I was just cruising the Newted forums, and there's a guy there in
> need of assistance with his 120 and G3 PowerBook. If anyone can help
> him: http://newted.dyndns.org/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000015.html

And he's been waiting there since August of 2001...

I wonder if he's still listening?

g.
While on here he woud have had a response or several within 24 hours as
there are people all over the Globe, Australia, Canada, England,
France, Germany, New Zealand, USA. Whereas the bloke on the forum has
had to wait over 2 years!
As an answer to inundated with e-mails, yes this is true, since
Christmas I have had 361! As a result in your mail program set up a
rule that puts everything with [NTLK] in the subject into a folder.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html