[NTLK] Newton Connection Utilities Replacement?

From: deranian_at_att.net
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 00:27:06 EST

Hello All-

I had Newton Connection Utilities working great with Jaguar 10.2.2 under Classic with AppleTalk activated. Now that I've updated to 10.2.3, NCU says that AppleTalk is not activated and the Chooser won't let me make AppleTalk active within Classic.

AppleTalk is active under 10.2.3 as shown by my Network Preferences in OSX, but it seems that 10.2.3 has made a change in how it manages network connections which has made NCU pretty useless at this point.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this problem under 10.2.3? If so, is there a solution? I'm aware of "NewTen" and "NewtSync" as OSX compatible links, but neither of them actually back up your entire Newton like NCU did. Is there anything out there that will back up the entire Newton that runs with OSX?

I'll look forward to hearing everyone's feedback, and thanks for taking the time to respond.

-David Deranian

--
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.
Communication Arts for