[NTLK] WaveLAN Wireless Newton Setup Problems

From: Matthias M. Edrich (matthias_at_edrich.de)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 09:14:28 EST

I am having trouble using my wireless card with my 2100. A few days ago I
received a Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo 802.11b card which I had bought
through ebay. I installed the driver for it and then tried to setup the card
to work with our university's wireless internet system. However, when I make
a new setup (tapping "internet setup" and then "new", "generic") I am not
presented with an option to select "connect using ethernet" - only serial,
modem, AppleTalk... What am I doing wrong?

Also, what other settings do I need to make in order to access our wifi
network? I use an iBook with Airport and should be able to get the important
information from there, right?

I would be very thankful if you could give me step by step instructions!
:-)))

Thanks!!

- Matthias

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html