Re: [NTLK] Speak Text Volume Control

From: Doug Parker (doug_at_ispinn.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 09:46:37 PDT

> Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the volume up or down when using
> Speak Text? It seems there is only one volume, which is quite loud. The
> master volume control slider in Extras does not seem to effect how loud or
> soft the computer voice is, even if you turn the master volume all the way
> down. If there's no built-in solution, is there any 3rd party Package that
> would provide this functionality?

Yes, it is possible.

Obscure Newton solution #389: In your code place this string:

     [[volm 0.1]]

for vewy, vewy quite, and

     [[volm 1.0]]

for vewy, vewy loud.

It's documented somewhere in the Macintalk docs, along with a bevy of other
inline commands. Offhand, I don't know where or if that bevy might be on UNNA.

Anyone else?

Doug Parker
Orlando, FL USA

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html