Re: [NTLK] Is this battery dead, dying, faking it or what?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 08:35:55 PDT

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:43:05AM -0500, Christian Burk wrote:
> I've got a Newton unupgraded that works perfectly well . . . except
> that it gives me a low battery warning a lot whenever not plugged in.
> What's weird is that it then just keeps going and going and going. I've
> been using it for days on battery (maybe an hour or so each day)
> without it actually shutting down. I'm thinking the batteries are
> probably OK but that the newton is having troubling knowing the charge?

Nicads in the battery sled behaved exactly like this for me. Started at
23% charge, dove quickly to 18% charge, then stayed there for a week.
before curving down to 12% or so, at which point I got back to someplace
I could buy a set of alkaline AAs

--
Because of the diverse conditions of humans, it happens that some acts are
virtuous to some people, as appropriate and suitable to them, while the same