[NTLK] Who Wants Shell Access?

From: RAParker (RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 09:51:00 PST

Sorry if this message is a repost of the same question, I never saw the
original come through the list.

I'm interested in getting some feedback as to whether anyone would be
willing to support an inexpensive dial-up service for Newton users. I've
looked around and the current offerings are about $10.00/month for
nationwide dial-up (with shell access).

Since I already have High Speed DSL with unlimited dial-up, paying another
$10/month for shell access isn't practical for the occasional times I want
to email from my Newton. So, I have rolled my own dial-up shell service!

My goal would be to provide 800 dail-up shell access for about $1/month or
$10/year. I would like the service to support itself, leaving room for
upgrades in service or features. At the same time, I would like to provide
a useful (inexpensive) service to the Newton community.

Any comments? A show of hands? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ron A. Parker

--