[NTLK] Serial /USB/Hub

From: Gary Meader (gmeaderwa_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 08:49:58 PDT

I've read a hundred threads about this, but can't seem to get connected. My
eMate has the Keyspan Serial to USB adapter, I've got NCU on my G4 and
here's what goes on: I open NCU and it tells me to begin by establishing a
connection to my Newton. OK. I go to Dock, pick 'connect via serial,
choose OS9.2.2 in the 'which computer' window, and tap connect. A message
comes up that says the connection is being terminated because the desktop
didn't respond. Apple talk is turned on, and so I try connecting via Apple
Talk. No dice. Needless to say, this is very frustrating. So, my main
question(s) today are; Is the fact that I'm going from the eMate into a USB
hub a problem? Do I absolutely need to use the dongle I got from J&K inc.
with the serial adapter? And if I do, should I still pick 'serial' in the
'connect via' window? The eMate seems to be fine in all other regards, and
I'm very anxious to use it. Thanks

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html