Re: [NTLK] TCP/IP

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 13:19:10 PDT

>> Our administrator, who until eight hours ago hadn't ever seen
>> a Newton, said that this should be sufficient to connect if he
>> sets up a fixed IP address for me. Which he would have done
>> if his computer's hard disk hadn't died the very moment the
>> promise was made.

> At least justice was done ;-)

Actually I think this was a big injustice. How many network
administrators
do you know who won't hesitate to set up a fixed IP address for you,
for a machine they don't even know?

Boy, there are people out where I work who are licensed to kill
users of machines on which McAfee isn't installed...

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html