Re: [NTLK] FAT Support through APIs: Was Re: newtontalk Digest V3 #549

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 13:30:32 PDT

I know I'm way over my head here but I get the idea that soups work off a
different paradigm than the usual Wintel/DOS idea of a file...
[Tony Kan] snip
I'm not
sure if I'm asking this question correctly but it would be cool if there was
some software running under NT (or some other OS for that matter) that could
interact directly with the Newton formatted card. Is it a matter that the
data is compressed and therefore not recognizable? Maybe Paul can enlighten
us a bit more on how the data is actually stored on the card.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html