[NTLK] Connecting

From: Sean Kearney (sean_at_invisiblelearning.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 20:07:52 PDT

Hi. I am fairly new to this list and this is my first post.

I have a 2100 upgrade and an eMate 300 (and a 130 on the way) and
cannot figure out how to connect any of these devices to the desktop. I
have the original serial cables with dongle and a keyspan serial-to-usb
adapter (with drivers installed) but have no clue about how to connect
to my iMac running OS 9.2. I have tried connecting with the serial
options in Dock as well as AppleTalk and every other listed option but
keep getting "no response." I know I had the eMate connect with my PC a
couple years ago when I first got it but don't have any manuals (nor
could I find any FAQs).

I even bought the recommended Proxim PCMCIA card hoping to go wireless
once I install the proper packages. So far, no dice.

I know this is a super newbie question and apologize for any
inconvenience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Sean

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html