Re: [NTLK] Still missing

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 15:46:53 PST

I don't know about the accelerator that you have installed. Is it
possible to turn it off?
Regarding a brain wipe have you looked at Frank Gruendel's site
http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html
These are the directions from his site. If this is the procedure that
you followed and it didn't result in a brain wipe I hope someone with
experience with the accelerator is reading.
Hard Reset
A hard reset erases all data and information in the Newton’s internal
memory. This includes applications that were installed when you bought
the Newton (like the Handwriting Instructor, the Newton Tour or Newton
Works), and also all applications you installed later. It also erases
all information you have stored, such
as name cards, notes, calls and date book entries. It will not remove
the built-in programs, the operating system or installed system
updates. I honestly hope that you have a very recent backup. If you
don’t, rest assured that from now on you will. Press and hold down the
power switch , then press and hold down the reset button for two
seconds. Release the reset button. Continue holding down the power
switch until a message appears that asks you if you really want to
erase all data. Tap “Yes”. When you see a second message asking you if
you really want to continue because you are going to lose all data, tap
“Cancel” for now. If the Newton powers up, do a full backup and repeat
the hard reset, this time allowing the Newton to erase all data.

Woody