Re: [NTLK] MP2000u Not Recognizing the Keyboard

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 00:39:33 PDT

Hi Johannes,

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, as I told PCBMan, I have yet to
pick up an SER-001 (though I certainly would love to get one one of
these days).

At the moment I am exclusively using the dongle and it would appear
(since I have tried connecting the keyboard to an eMate using both ADB
and MiniDIN ports with no luck) that the keyboard is totally shot.

-St.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:33:43 +0200, Johannes Wolf
<mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int> wrote:
> It depends on how you connect your keyboard.
> The Newt needs "to know" that the keyboard is plugged, before you can use
> it.
>
> Using the dongle: as soon as you plug the dongle (with the keyboard
> connected to it), the Newt gets a signal telling him to check what is
> connected.
>
> Using the SER-001: there is no such signal for the Newt -> you need to
> switch your Newt off and then ON with plugged keyboard, because during power
> up the Newt is checking the serial port as well.
>
> This should do the trick.
>
> Cheers
> Johannes

Thank you kindly.