Re: [NTLK] Sync again (Mac with USB adapter)

From: Joe Sokohl (jsokohl_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:22:32 PST

> On Dec 1, 2004, at 9:28 PM, Joe Sokohl wrote:
>
> > Probably been talked to death, but here goes:
> > Can I sync my 2100 with my PowerBook running Mac OS 10.2.3 (Panther)?
> 10.2.3 would be jaguar as I recall...
><..snip>
> You need to have a good setup on the Newton and you need to have the
> proper drivers installed for the USB to serial widget as well as
> whatever SW (Newtsync or NCU)
> >

> Marty

Thanks Marty. Sorry to belabor the point...but when you say "a good setup,"
how do I know that? That is, seems to be fine to me.

When you say "proper drivers installed..." you mean on my computer, right?
That is, there's no chicken/egg thing with the Newton: You have to have X
installed on your Newton, but you need to connect with a computer to install
X, so that you can then connect to your computer.

TIA,
joe

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail