[NTLK] No sound on MP2kU. As if on mute.

From: Jake Bordens (newton_at_allaboutjake.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 04:25:36 PST

Hi there.

After a few days of using my Newton again, the sound seems to have
stopped working. No audio at all. The volume slider works, but
doesn't seem to do anything. Recording and playback in the Notes app
seems to record but it doesn't play back. It seems like the device is
on 'mute'.

I actually had this problem when I first took my MP2kU out of the
drawer after almost a year of laying dormant. However, after a few
resets, it seemed to start working again... so I didn't give it a
second thought.

I've done a full hard reset and sound has not returned. Does anyone
have any other ideas? I've tried many resets of all different types
and combinations.... so far to no avail.

Jake