Re: [NTLK] Modifying a PC ADAPTER for a MAC

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 09:59:28 PST

On Dec 28, 2004, at 1:19 AM, Glen Givens wrote:

> From this link:
> http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.andreasntalk>
> borrmann.
> de/hightech/newton/intercon.htm
>
> Is this pin out the same for a Mac or an IBM serial connection wired
> to the
> NIC? I am getting really confused with the different type of
> connections
> available.
> _________
> | 1 * 14\
> | 2 * 15 |
> | 3 * 16 |
> | 4 * 17 |
> | 5 * 18 |<->3
> 6<->| 6 * 19 |<->1
> 7<->| 7 * 20 |<->2
> 5<->| 8 * 21 |<->8
> | 9 * 22 |
> | 10 * 23 |<->4
> | 11 * 24 |
> | 12 * 25 |
> | 13 * 26 |

Don't know, but that's a lot more connections then you need...

If you have the NIC to PC cable, then perhaps figuring out the wiring
from the PC to the Mac and then extrapolating is easiest... Don't
finalize your cable until it's tested...

This page has helped me before:

http://netbsd.shellhung.org/Documentation/Hardware/Misc/
serial.html#pinouts

Be patient and you will getting working...

marty