Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 14:37:37 PST

As a relatively new convert to all things Apple/ Mac/ Newton I would
say that while it is true that PC based stuff is cheaper in the short
term, once you have factored in the costs of replacing components that
crap out on you and the time you spend re-booting/ re-installing and
generally cursing the damn thing when it all falls over, the Macs are
actually considerably cheaper. I have have a couple of Powerbooks and a
Cube and I have never had anything like the problems I used to have
with my Vaios. They have yet to completely crash and the user
experience is just so much more pleasant (not sure how you would
quantify that). as for the Newton - having spent a number of years with
Palm and Clie handhelds i must say that although the Newt is less
pocketable it is much more usable. I am using it as a Powerbook
replacement for when i don't want to carry that with me. I can do
things on it that my Clie simply could not do (for example write an
entire report). And the best thing is that I don't have to learn a new
language or squint at a tiny screen (even if it was a beautiful 65,000
colour one).

PCs definitely have their virtues, but its Macs & Newts for me.

Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html