Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 13:52:22 PST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 2:35 PM, Jared Bland wrote:

>>> PowerBooks, white screen spots (even my 12" PB Rev. A has
>>> them!)
>> Why on earth did you buy a Rev. A computer? I got stung with a B&W
>> Rev.
>> A. Never again will I buy a Rev. A machine. Yer fault there dude. And
>> if
>> you like the Tibook so much, why didn't you buy one?
> I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to 1 year to purchase the computer I
> want because stupid things slipped through Quality Control.

Bought them. Received them the day they shipped.
Never had any issues.

> There's no
> reason my lap should burn every time I use my laptop.

Very true.
Try working with any Intel or AMD based ones ?
The TiBooks are hot, but they are not so outrageous compared to every
thing else.
My Pismo was warmer

> There's no
> reason there should be white spots on the laptop screens.. ANY OF THEM!

That is a QA issue that has come up before for Apple and others.
It's the LCD makers quality control that is also at fault for letting
these out.

> Some people just don't get it. There hasn't been anything truly NEW in
> Apple's hardware lineup for atleast a year and a half (don't start in
> about the PMG5, that's a big silver monolith.. It's a silver AT case
> with holes and an organized interior.

If you hate their lack of innovation and design then grab something
else.
No one makes you stay on their hardware.

it is far from an AT case

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html