Re: [NTLK] NPDS - Well Done

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 21:18:10 PST

Aux environs du 26/02/04 à 17:43 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
NPDS - Well Done", Russell,Allen prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
les mots suivants:
>Sorry, I knew I should have kept it short and sweet. I was going to wait,
>and only post my quibbles to the NPDS site, but I was too excited, so I said
>too much.
>a) I *did* say that the npds.free.fr was exactly what I needed.
>b) I did say * I * hadn't figured out how the tracker works yet, not that
>the documentation didn't tell me.
>c) I meant to say *some* parts of the documentation is outdated. Hey I
>downloaded only the newest (supported) packages, and *some*, _very few_,
>-not many-, things didn't match.
>d) I went to Grant's NPDS site and looked at his html to see some syntax,
>since * I * didn't understand some descriptions.

My bad. I didn't want to be harsh or anythung.

What about submitting changes to the documentation so it will be more clear?
We definitely lack people and time to work on the documentation which
indeed is largely outdated (although we spent quite some time on the
network stuff as this is the main problem of NPDS users) and any help
would be extremely welcome.

>e) I'm still learning NPDS, I'm ignorant
>f) When I get tracker working, I want to contribute the step-by-step
>instructions for my D-Link router. Do I do that at the wikiwiki, or send it
>to someone?

You can send it to me or Grant.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/