Re: [NTLK] NewtSync and iCal

From: bettyy_at_earthlink.net
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 23:27:27 PST

At 6:25 PM -0500 2/26/2004, Michael Blazer wrote:
>On Thursday, February 26, 2004, at 01:32 AM, bettyy_at_earthlink.net
>wrote:
>
>> Well, not quite right. I've been syncing since Jaguar and have had
>> only
>> one problem since I upgraded to Panther. Really odd. All of a sudden
>> the
>> Mr. and Mrs. were showing up in the wrong place for a few of my names
>> and
>> causing errors. I cleaned those up and also noticed that I appeared to
>> have duplicate and triplicate dates. I cleaned those up for two years
>> and
>> deleted everything older than that. Since then, all's worked
>> perfectly.
>>
>> Betty
>> bettyy at earthlink dot net
>>

>Last time I tried it, companies didn't synch at all -- only
>individuals. And with the Dates <--> iCal synch there were a lot of
>gaps and problems, including the one hour offset bug, the absence of
>events and repeating meetings, and something crazy about To-Dos which I
>can't remember.
>
>Are you saying all that is working fine for you? I wonder what I'm
>doing wrong?
>
>Michael

Hi Michael,

I think that a few of these are known deficiencies in the program so I
guess I should have qualified my remark that it worked perfectly. As far
as I know, the companies, repeating meetings and events weren't written in
and I don't think I've seen anyone post any plug-ins to address this.

All the expected names are transferring with the fields that I'm expecting
to see. All my meetings are transferring with the correct times.

In my case, my syncing is one way. I only enter data into the Newton then
it gets sent to my Mac. So with these constraints, it's working for me.

Betty